Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Weekend of Flowers and Fire

The first thing we did upon arrival in West Virginia was admire Karen's flower garden. Aliza said, "The Garden Tour is HERE!" It sure was! We had Brandi's birthday to celebrate and plenty of play time. Aliza, Josiah and Anna sure look forward to playing with Joel and Brandi. Anna gets Brandi all to herself while Aliza and Josiah play all kinds of chasing games with Joel that include all manner of imaginative intricacies.

Everyone was commenting on the shade of Anna's hair color after supper. I had to confess that she had put a bunch of product in her hair before we left--lotion, lip gloss and mineral oil!


Saturday morning the ladies were off to the Shepherdstown Garden Tour and Tea. It was a very enjoyable tour. Karen is knowledgeable about flowers an,d Brandi and I, we just enjoy the sights. Iris were the flowers that were really blooming in so many varieties of color.





Van has built a fire pit and has collected large stumps for stools to sit on. Josiah was a most enthusiastic helper to get a fire started for smores. It was just the right kind of chilly for a fire.



Just cool enough that a blanket felt good. Of course I only packed summer attire. Ah well. Everyone survived!
Suffice to say, Aliza did not enjoy the fire so much. Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that girl! =)

I'm so happy to have my parents close by to live life with, but it's sure fun to have far away Grandparents too. We get to do so many extra fun things with them that aren't part of normal life. We got home just in time to go to my parents house to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday. Yay!

No comments: