Sunday, June 21, 2020

Some Little Things

It is as hard for me to believe how my calendar filled up almost overnight in June the way it emptied almost overnight in March. We have been spending time, mostly outside, with friends, going to church and Bible study, club and youth group. I have already turned down one weekly activity for the summer just because I want to quiet the schedule. A trip is in the works and a vacation is being dreamed up.

I did get Josiah's blanket pieced together.
I think the quarantine period solidified some friendships for the children and me.
We went to the cove last night with this family. When a storm rolled in, we moved the party to our porch for supper. The kids played through a couple downpours and had a great time.

Isaiah has been surprising me with his mental math skills. He asked me if 15 + 15 equals 30. I said yes and he told me that he knew that because 5 + 5 is 10 and 10 + 10 is 20. A couple nights later he asked me if 360 + 360 equals 720. I thought a minute and then told him yes. I asked Isaiah how he knew that one. He said he guessed. I told him there was no way he guessed that and then he gave me a complicated explanation that actually made sense for the most part. The funniest part is that he makes me prove that he is right on the calculator.

This is the best book I have read on relationships:
Single, dating, engaged, married--it is for everyone. This is the book I will give my young adults. It is grace filled, hopeful, honest, and Bible based.

There are also some pretty great things happening on the business front and on the home renovation front. It's nice to see some long time hopes falling into place--slowly, but steadily!

No comments: