Saturday, July 16, 2022

Upstairs Bathroom and Hallway

 With the upstairs bathroom and hallway painted, the entire upstairs has been painted! We updated the bathroom with some new paint, shelves and shower curtain.




The hallway and stairwell was a little bit trickier to paint. Paint was peeling in the hallway around the light.

Jeremy had to paint the top of the stairwell. That height was beyond my comfort zone.


Now it's fresh and clean...

...with new light fixtures.
I wanted to do something to clean up the back of the steps.
I decided to try stair riser decals. Mom was up for the project. We figured out a system and they went on pretty smoothly. I chose a simple shiplap type pattern since, as with everything in our house, the steps are not necessarily square. I'm happy with how it turned out. Clean and fresh--it's what makes me happy right now!
That makes 5 areas finished and leaves 2 more to do! I still cannot believe that every single area seems to take four times as long as it should to finish.
 

No comments: