Tuesday, May 16, 2023

There Is No Greater Joy...

 ...than to know that your children have chosen to walk in truth. 

When I tuck Isaiah in at night, he usually asks what we are doing the next day. On a Wednesday night he asked what the next day held and I told him that we were planning to go to a Franklin Graham crusade. He asked what a crusade is. I told him that it was a special event that gave people the opportunity to accept Jesus as their Savior. Isaiah said, "I don't think I've done that. Am I old enough?" I told him he was definitely old enough and we talked about what it means to know that you are a sinner and believe that Jesus came to earth to be the sacrifice for sin and that when we believe Jesus we want to make choices that honor God. Isaiah prayed and made the choice to follow Jesus! 

The next evening to did go to the Franklin Graham crusade. Honestly, we were more excited to hear the Newsboys though. The event was well attended and there were no protests in town.

I really enjoyed the outside venue and being in a large group of Christians in such a public place.
And we did really really enjoy the Newsboys.
We got to sit with our group of people.

It's become a bit of a habit when we are with this group of friends to hang around and talk until most normal people have headed home. As we were leisurely walking out, Isaiah decided he was ready to tell everyone about his prayer. I helped him get Taylor's attention and the group naturally circled around. Isaiah said, "Last night I prayed to God to be my Savior." Everyone cheered and told him how proud they were of him and gave him hugs. It was a really sweet moment for Isaiah.
 

No comments: