Thursday, April 18, 2024

Firsts and Lasts

 I have a child who is reaching all kinds of life milestones and it's reminding me of when she was 1 and 2 years old and meeting so many developmental milestones. I find myself wanting to tell everyone about all of the coming-of-age milestones just like I did all of her baby milestones. My heart feels a bit like it did when she was little. I wanted her to crawl--but I didn't---but I really did want her to crawl and then walk and then run because I would never hold her back and would always cheer her on and if those things didn't happen something would be so very wrong. 

And so here I am with all the feelings in my heart--proud, excited for the future, and sad about facing the changes that are coming. But mostly really proud and excited! So here are some of Aliza (and my) firsts and some lasts. 

Graduation cap and gown are in our possession.

Registered for fall college classes.

Received a sample ballot for primary elections 

Signed her own medical consent

Last well check at the pediatrician's office

Last dance class


There are lots more lasts and firsts to come! Aliza was invited to be in theater again next year which she happily accepted so, at least, that is one thing I can just enjoy this year!

Meanwhile, having a 9 year old keeps me grounded. Isaiah told me first thing Tuesday morning that he had 2 loose teeth. By 1:00 both of those teeth were out. He is a relentless tooth wiggler! And Isaiah was so excited about losing those teeth. (My Mom heart can handle losing teeth! lol)




 

No comments: