Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Decorating



I have never had so much fun decorating the Christmas tree.

We got the tree out, put the skirt under it and plugged in the lights. Aliza immediately laid her head on the tree the skirt. She jumped right up and looked in wonder at the lights.

When I got the decorations out it didn't take her long to pick up a decoration, hand me a hook and help me hang it on the tree. As soon as one was hung she would say, "More, more..." For several days she pointed at different decorations and we gave them names...."snowman", "kitty" etc. I put the nativity characters on the bottom of the tree so we talked about Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus and the wise men.

Now as soon as she comes downstairs in the morning she wants the lights turned on and when we leave and drive in the driveway she says "lights".

Aliza also likes the window cling-ons (she figured out that they stick to the refridgerator too).

This is too much fun. I can tell that Christmas with kids is going to be the best....and get better each year. Now I can't wait until she can decorate cookies.

No comments: