Sunday, August 23, 2009

Minor League Fun

When Aliza completed the summer reading program at the library she was given 4 tickets to a game at our local minor league stadium. The tickets didn't say that tonight's game was a double header so we got there for the end of the first game and stayed for the beginning of the second game. Grandma and Grandad got in on the fun too. This was our first trip to a baseball game. At first Aliza sat on my lap, but it didn't take too long until she had fun spotting the mascot.


The most recent--pouty thumbs up!

We got ice cream cones between the games and that's when the fun really started! Aliza even voluntarily shared her ice cream cone with Josiah. It really warmed my heart. I should also note that it has been 3 days since we've had a biting incident. Praise the Lord!
Josiah loved holding the ice cream cone. He was one happy, sticky little boy. My Mom said "I never would have let you children do that, but it sure is fun to watch my grandson love his ice cream cone."
When we left we watched my parents walk hand in hand to their car and we commented on how lovely that looked. The Golden Years, right? There are certainly times I look forward to those days, but surely the parenting years are "The Silver Years." A close second to the Golden Years.

4 comments:

Natalija said...

So what am I in....the Bronze Years? That ice cream looked good.

carla said...

No, Natalija, I'd call the pre-children years the Platinum Years. Look at your marriage like a bank account--you make deposits and withdrawals. In the pre-children years you get to make lots of deposits and those deposits are super important because once you have children there is no way around it. You have to make withdrawals. Those Platinum Years are so fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the platinum years but those silver years are something to look forward to.
Janell

Natalija said...

ok yaaay thanks Carla :) that's a great wisdom nugget for me you're the best