Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Coincidence or God

During prayer before eating supper Anna prayed, "And please let us go to the beach this weekend." It was going to be a beautiful weekend, but the beach was not in my plans. Being the realist Mom that I am, I told Anna that her prayer wish was not going to happen. We went about our business that Friday evening and Saturday morning.

And then I got a text message later on Saturday morning from a friend asking if she could have my girls for the afternoon to go to the beach with her and her girls. How could I not say yes!?

The girls had an amazing afternoon with friends playing at the beach and eating ice cream. They came back to our house and played some more and ate supper. They were exhausted by bedtime!

What's the point in writing this little story? I could have chalked this invitation up to a nice coincidence. Instead, though, I chalked it up to God working out an answer to a little girl's prayer. I told Anna "Look how much God loves you! He answered your prayer with a YES this time." Of course the answer isn't always yes and many times things don't go the way we wish, but this time it did. And I will always choose to give God the credit over coincidence.

No comments: