Saturday, November 10, 2018

Remembering Last Weekend

Highlights of last weekend with Jeremy's siblings, aunts, uncles and a cousin:

These 4 girls were so happy to see each other. My girls could not tell their cousins NO so they spent a lot of time in Grandma's basement playing together.
We stayed at Joel and Brandi's house which is a highlight of this particular yearly visit. It was almost like a vacation rental in the mornings because Joel slept in and Brandi had other commitments. We made breakfast and then just hung out for a few hours.
Aunt Betsy brought desserts from a Dutch market in PA. Isaiah lived on whoopie pies that were as big as his face all weekend.
My children had the best attitudes all weekend. Josiah had another boy to play with--his second cousin.

Anna interacted with the adults which included her showing off her cartwheels and I'm not sure how it happened, but one of her great aunts did a cartwheel too. I understand that Anna was not that impressed. Anna showed another of her great aunts how to use snapchat face filters. Anna was laughing until she was crying.

Saturday evening I watched the movie Hidden Figures. Such a moving, true story. Everyone should watch it. 
Sarah and I had a memorable coffee outing. The drink was good. The coffee shop itself--Sarah said, "I was standing there in line, looking at the decor and thinking this probably wasn't the best place to bring Carla." 

I sat in the same chair in the dining room for hours on Sunday visiting with the aunts. Aliza sat with me a lot listening to the conversation. 
 
The comic relief of the whole weekend was this cow. He lives in the pasture behind Van and Karen's house and has found out how to get out of the fence. He showed up various times during the weekend. Van and an uncle repaired the place in the fence that was broken, but, sure enough, that cow took it's liberty to find another place. His name is now Liberty.
Sunday evening Anna came to me exhausted and saying she was cold. It was not at all cold in the house with that many people. Soon she was bundled up in a sweater with the hood up. I got her in bed and my midnight knew she had a fever. In the morning she started throwing up which made for a long drive home. Kind of a bummer end to the weekend. She was on the couch for 3 days, but she is back to her energetic, happy self again.



No comments: