Thursday, July 18, 2019

Morning Mommy/Son Dates

While Aliza, Josiah and Anna are at Bible School with week, I have had mornings alone with Isaiah. I have been loving the opportunity to have one one one time with him. I was given a box of chocolate salted caramel biscotti and Isaiah learned that he LOVED biscotti. So every morning (until we emptied the box) I made a cup of tea and we sit on the couch and eat our biscotti. Yesterday Grandma joined us and we had a tea party. Now we have moved on to Milano cookies which he approved of.

On the way to pick up groceries on Tuesday, I mentioned that I had forgotten to take the chairs out of the trunk of the car. I hadn't thought of moving the chairs into the backseat, but Isaiah did. As I helped load groceries, he was pulling the chairs into the backseat. The delivery lady gave him the highest praise. She told him how thoughtful he was and that he was going to be such a good husband one day. Isaiah just beamed. When we got home Isaiah helped carry in the groceries. He carried as many bags as he possibly could to show me how strong he was. He was just the best helper!

Isaiah plays with his trucks for a little while I get some things done around the house and then we've been watching a show or two on right now media--Super Book, Boz and Bibleman. Isaiah sits right beside me and snuggles in. I've gotten spontaneous hugs and constant chatter or conversation.

Such special time that I am treasuring in my heart.

No comments: