Sunday, November 17, 2019

My Grandad

This week was so very normal--no extra activities on the calendar--and I loved it. On Friday, though, we had a special birthday to celebrate. My Grandad turned 92 years old. He looked at a picture of himself that I had printed for him and said, "Everyone tells that I look so young for being 92, but I look at that picture and see that I've never looked so old!"
Ezra made his Great Grandad the sweetest bag of gifts. It melts my heart when the children give gifts on their own and from their heart.

After everyone left I was talking with him, Grandad had just pulled out his Bible to read a verse to me when the phone rang and it was his son. So I waited until he was finished with his conversation because how could I leave when Grandad had something else to tell me?

Isaiah 59:21
"As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants--from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

When your Grandad is 92, you know that every day is a gift and every conversation is precious.

No comments: