Saturday, March 28, 2020

Social Distancing Week 2

I can't really count the first week of social distancing for Coronavirus because we still did some things like attend dance class to get the girls costumes (and I'm SO glad we did). Aliza went to her Book Club and we were at Mom and Dad's house that Friday afternoon. So, for us, the real social distancing started last Saturday.

During Bible Study, via ZOOM, on Monday evening, Aliza brought me a cup of tea and a Dove chocolate in exchange for my phone. The message inside the chocolate was this:
I have kept it because it seemed to be a significant message for this undefined period of stay-at-home time.

We have continued school as normal. The days feel better when the sun is shining and the temperature is reasonably warm and we can be outside. We have taken evening walks/bike rides. I've found that the neighbors who are outside are happy to carry on a 15+ minute conversation.

We've been watching American Idol (until the pre recorded episodes are over) and Lego Brick Masters.

I have enjoyed the live worship hour that Michael W. Smith has done from his living room for two weeks now. I've also been watching the If:Gathering 2020 conference on Right Now Media. So many of my favorite author/speakers speak at that event. The Dwell app offered a free subscription to churches and I've enjoyed listening to Scripture.

I mentioned Bible Study via ZOOM. We also used ZOOM for church. I've never been a huge fan of video meetings, but I am now! It was so good to be able to see everyone and be able to interact a bit. I think it is so important to stay connected right now using whatever means we can. Isolation is not good for the mind!

Aliza and Anna received the official word that their dance recital is cancelled and will not be rescheduled. It was hard. We cried together. Then we took a drive and got shakes from Cook Out. It seems that every day brings a disappointment of one kind or another. Some big and some not so big.

Thankfully Jeremy can continue to work at HotDesks. His going and coming brings a normal rhythm to the days.

In spite of the disappointments, I'm surprised at how happy I do feel. Granted--this is only week 2! Josiah declared this the best week of his life because he didn't have to go anywhere. Aliza has struggled this week without youth group and dance to look forward to. I do feel the tension as the Mom to meet the different emotional needs of each of my children...and husband!

Oh! I've done extra cleaning projects that are very exciting! I washed/scrubbed the freezer. It is now white and gorgeous. The microwave is clean. And the dining room windows that have a way of collecting spider webs and bugs are clean and crystal clear.

No comments: