Sunday, May 16, 2021

Surprise Wedding

The wedding wasn't a surprise for us, the timeline for the wedding may have been a surprise, but not really--when I met Amanda for the first time, I came home and told my tribe, "Joel is going to marry that girl." They all looked at me like I was half crazy, but I had no doubt. Their whole story--the parts that I know at least (lol)--are worthy of a Hallmark movie to the point that it became almost unbelievable. When a couple can plan a wedding in a shorter amount of time than any reality TV show and show up at the wedding still glowing and completely relaxed, I'd say that they'll be able to move whatever mountains they want to together. Last weekend was all about celebrating Joel and Amanda. 

Immediate family attended their wedding and the surprise was for the social media world. Nothing was posted about engagement or wedding. So our pretend social pre wedding social post:--"Ready to celebrate the happiest couple on earth today!"



There were a couple wedding day complications that gave us time to hang out and take pictures. Isaiah's shorts were dirty before the ceremony. In the process of taking a picture in the bridal suite, Karen managed to sit on a candle and burn and hole in her dress. She's always prepared and had needle and thread to a quick repair. I'm so thankful that she was not injured. 

The rain stayed away and the temperature was cool, but just warm enough to be bearable. The venue was so pretty with a creek running around the property and plenty of room for all the nieces and nephews to explore and play.



Jeremy's brother, Josh, and his family were here from Texas. It was so good to see them and these cousins had the best time playing and making memories to last another year.
Aliza and Anna got to be the big cousins. Evelyn and Florence kept them busy playing and my girls loved every second.

The story of my family within the bigger wedding story still makes me tear up. My heart and my girls' hearts...our hearts are so soft and so big and we feel and love so deeply, innocently and completely. We had a lot of talks before the wedding. It's hard to gain an Aunt in a very short timeline. So tears and feelings and smiles and big hearted LOVE were all welcomed and honored.
But these two...the complete love, the undeniable joy and gratitude that they brought to this day. We are so completely happy for them.  It's been a joy to watch Joel flourish under Amanda's love for him and to watch Amanda soak up all of Joel's affection for her.



Both families...

Heslop family...

A fajita bar was just the right way to continue celebrating. After eating, the children went back outside and we didn't see them until it was time to leave. A son of the host showed them a bridge he had built across the creek and from there they were busy exploring. 

Amanda loves succulents so they were a fitting wedding favor (and one that I loved). Her mom brought me this one and said she picked it out just for me. So sweet. Now I have a new pot of wedding succulents to watch multiply.

And just like that I have a new sister in law who looks--and feels--a whole lot like a sister! We still have plenty of getting to know each other to do but I'm looking forward to all the conversations we will have and memories that we will make. It's going to be fun!


Allll the niece and nephews.
We got to spend the rest of the weekend with Josh, Sarah, Evelyn and Florence. I savored the time that Florence sat on my lap looking at pictures and watching videos of Aliza and Anna's dances.

It was a full weekend that left my heart even fuller...and I slept really well after we got home! And for some reason...I've been asked more than once this week...WHEN are we going back to West Virginia??
 

No comments: