Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The Most Surprising Part of the Summer

It was mid July when we went to the ocean for the first time this summer. For the first time in several years, everyone had fun. Josiah wasn't ready to go home and stayed longer and came home with his cousins.
 

All I heard was "When can we go to the beach?" And so we kept going and everyone kept on having fun. It was like a small miracle in this house. We bought boogie boards and even went one weekend with my cousin when it was threatening to rain. It was actually a very rainy weekend, but while we were on the beach it didn't rain. 

Another first for us was going to the beach in the evening with friends. I've always wanted to have another family that we could do things with but that never seemed to happen. In the past year we have connected with two families that seem to enjoy being around us. The evening was perfect.




In other news, there is no significant update on our house. AND the last few weeks have been so busy I could hardly catch my breath. I *think* the next couple weeks are going to settle down and put us in a fall routine.


 

No comments: