Saturday, February 11, 2023

Meeting Baby Ronan

 It was a joy to clear the schedule, take a winter break and meet our new nephew and cousin--Ronan Christopher Heslop!



Ronan is a few days over 2 weeks old. The perfect age for sleepy snuggles and passing around which we took full advantage of-- too much advantage of as shown by the difficulty of the night following our visit.



I held Ronan to transfer him from one cousin to the next. That's about all I held him. It's a different feeling being way on the other side of the baby stages.

The Heslop Grandsons!
There was some awake time too.



Amanda generously let Aliza and Isaiah give Ronan a bottle. Isaiah didn't remember holding a baby and he definitely never fed a baby. He took this job very seriously and asked lots of questions.

At the baby shower in November, one of the activities was filling out wishes for the baby. Isaiah was sitting beside me and I wrote his answers word for word. It turned out to the be just the sweetest.


As answered through the interpretative lens of an 8 year old: I hope you get Mommy's love. I hope you get Daddy's love. I hope you learn to do school. I hope you always love me. I hope you're never afraid to go to Joel and Amanda for help. I hope you'll always remember to love and trust in Jesus and pray and go to God for help. 



 

No comments: