Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon Update


Well, this is Josiah's new position of choice. Mobility is right around the corner. Time goes too fast.

I mentioned in a previous post that I was having a neck ultrasound done as a way to check for returning cancer. I am very thankful that that ultrasound was perfectly clear. The Dr. told me that they couldn't find anything to even be concerned about. I wasn't really worried, but it is nice to know all is well.

I also had my thyroid medicine reduced again and, wow, I'm feeling good. Sometimes body changes are so subtle that they are difficult to detect and you adjust to them thinking they are normal. This is my second dose reduction since Josiah has been born. I was feeling just unsettled, not feeling properly rested even though I was sleeping, often I felt nervous for no reason and if I had a reason to feel nervous I felt really, really nervous. It's just good to feel good and I'm hoping that I'm at a dose that will keep me feeling good for a long time!

Tuesday is the first day of classes at SU and I won't be there. I decided to end my pursuit of a Master's Degree. It was a hard decision and I felt like crying in the end. I just kept seeing myself at a fork in the road so to speak. Down one path was the Master's and a career and down the other was raising a family. I know for a lot of people those things on the same road, but for me I had to make a choice knowing that I only have one life to live. I chose raising my children and with that will very likely be homeschooling. I've been working hard to be content cleaning house and playing with the children. Some days I feel very fulfilled and other days I wake up and wish I could take a shower, get dressed in nice coordinating clothes and leave the house for an adult world. I'm choosing to take delight in my scrapbooking moments, the possiblity of a cake decorating class, visits with family and friends and any other personally enriching opportunity that comes my way.

We are still moving forward on our addition plans. An architect is producing blueprints for us. It will be exciting to see those completed. Jeremy and I walked through a furniture store the other week. It was fun to dream together.

And one more thing.... My nephew turns one tomorrow! Happy Birthday Caleb!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...I feel the dificulty in your decision. Not an easy one to make at all. If it is any comfort to you, I am positive that Aliza and Josiah will be very happy and greatful someday when they can understand what you have chosen. Boy I sure can identify with feeling so fulfilled some days and wanting to be anywhere else but where I am on others--This week I have related more to part B. Its been tough. (or in other words, I hate potty training!!!!!!)
Hang in there friend! In this day and age few women are brave enough to do what we do! :-)