Friday, February 5, 2010

Memories

Matt & Chrissy got married five years ago. Jeremy and I were Best Man and Maid of Honor. Chrissy just gave me some pictures and they brought back so many memories for me. Bear with me for a few moments of vanity.

Chrissy's wedding was a mere two weeks after my second thyroid surgery where my vocal cords were damaged. I was just getting my voice back, regaining strength and my thyroid levels were decreasing. I insisted on wearing the scarf around my neck so that for a few hours I could forget my scar. I remember being utterly exhausted, but I also remember feeling so pretty that day. Getting my hair and make up done was an esteem boost that I really needed. I was so excited for Jeremy to see me. I got to walk up the aisle with him and dance with him at the reception (yes, that was my first ever dance). This was a bright day in a period of time that I remember as pretty dark.




Now, about this snow that we are getting! I like snow. It's pretty, it's peaceful, it makes winter a little brighter. But, for this winter, I'm over it. I've seen enough. We've been in the house for too many days. One weekend snowed in was plenty for me. That weekend was last weekend. We are on our second weekend in a row of snow. Totally unheard of! The snow from last weekend is still on the ground. Several more inches have accumulated tonight and now I hear ice hitting the windows. Jeremy has declared that we will be going to the Super Bowl party on Sunday. Do you hear a little desperation in that?!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

You're pretty everyday, but you looked absolutely gorgeous that day!! Jeremy's a lucky man ;)

chrissy said...

You are beautiful!

I have lots of wonderful memories of that day and I am so happy that you are part of them. With all you went through before my wedding, I am thankful you were there almost every step of the way. Thank you for being my friend. :-)

Not sure if I forgot or didn't know - but I am so happy that your first dance ever was at Matt and my wedding, how cool!