Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heart Party

We had a heart party tonight. Heart plates and napkins, heart shaped pizza (thank you Papa Johns), heart shaped cake and a new collection of love stories from Veggie Tales. I had chocolate out on the counter that was allowed to be eaten all day. Josiah took full advantage of the chocolate availability. He was covered in chocolate by the end of the evening.



Aliza really liked the roses Jeremy brought home for me the other day. She thought that she should have gotten flowers too. I told her that when she sees those roses she should remember that Daddy LOVES Mommy. Someday she will realize how awesome it is to have two parents who are married and love each other. Jeremy also sent me a subtle hint for Valentine's Day---he got me a golf glove, practice golf balls, and a visor. I'm guessing there is a set of clubs in my future. I wonder if I even have the ability to play golf. It's so technical and I am so clueless!

3 comments:

Christy said...

regarding golf - if you get frustrated, remember, essentially golf is hitting a ball with a stick. no more, no less.

Janell said...

I love this picture of Josiah. I don't think you could have given him a better valentine!

chrissy said...

I actually don't think you have to be technical to play golf. To be really good, well, yes, there is a need to be technical, but to have fun - there are no requirements.

There is some timing and spacial reference to consider, but all of that takes practice even for the technical people who play golf.

Just don't get mad at yourself when you miss and don't forget to laugh at yourself. Also, take Advil/Aleve/Tylenol or whatever works for you, because I learned in just an hour at the driving range the first time, that I used muscles I never thought I would.

I only go a couple times a year when Matt joins Jeremy, but I think it would be fun to see you at the driving range!