Thursday, October 6, 2011

Quandry


 1. This cat showed up in our yard earlier this week. I'm not an animal person. I'll pet animals, but I won't pick them up. This little cat has hung around until all 3 of my children are comfortable around him. At first Josiah would not go outside, but now he will pet the cat. Anna is not afraid at all, but that just follows her personality! I traumatized my friend's child tonight when I told her that she could not give this cat some milk. I have enough mouths to feed. I do not need anything else that would even hint of making any demands on me. So this poor cat is welcome to hang around as long as it finds its own food and shelter. He has already gotten in to the car and our house...that does not earn him brownie points with me!



2. Jeremy is getting a the new iphone. I think it is called iPhone 4S. Yes, it is. I looked over at his computer to check. ha! Anyway, this means that he has offered to get me the iphone 4 (I think) because the price will be reduced. I have to decide if I want it. Now that's a quandry for me! New technology is great and fun. I'm sure I would get used to it and ultimately wonder how I ever lived without it. Being married to a tech guy and having tech kids should make me want to keep up with the latest and greatest, but I don't know if it is what I want. Right now I have set times of the day that I check email, look at facebook and poke around on the internet. I look forward to those time, believe me. However, I do not need or want my phone to be calling my name every moment of the day. I don't want to be having a conversation with someone and be tempted to do something inconsequential on my phone. Jeremy and I ate out last night when he made me this offer. As he did he had his own iphone out and was doing whever he does on it. I just had to laugh and cringe at the possibility of a date with both of us doing whatever we do on our phones. Ugh. Technology is so good and so horrible all at the same time.


No comments: