Monday, February 15, 2016

Warmth and Doughnuts

It was 5:30 this morning when Jeremy sat up and I realized that cold air was hitting my face. He came back to bed and told me there was 14 inches of snow on the ground and the house was 55 degrees. I talked him down to 4 inches of snow on the ground, but the house really was 55 degrees. After making sure all the children were covered up, we tried to get some more sleep. There was a little one in my bed that I didn't have the heart to move back to her cold bed so I let her take up more than her share of space which meant I didn't get much more sleep.
Thankfully, we have a propane insert in our fireplace that does a decent job of heating the upstairs. Without hot water for a shower, I wasn't getting a great start on the day! I should have just joined them in front of the fire.
The plan had been to go to Mom's to make doughnuts today. Laura had already made the dough and since staying in a cold house was not appealing, I made the slow trip south. The roads were not clear. It was a long trip, but we made it safely. Clearly my priorities were warmth and doughnuts!

Jeremy stayed home and tried to get the boiler working this morning. He thawed the oil line hoping that would fix the problem. It didn't. A repairman will come out tomorrow. Thankfully, the temperature is predicted to continue to climb through the night. This morning it was 27 degrees and the high tomorrow is 57 degrees.

That smile on Janell's face is because Isaiah went flying past me to ask Janell if he could have a graham cracker.

Jeremy won some big awesome husband points. Having the dishes washed is one thing that makes me feel like the house is in order and, not having hot water this morning, I left dishes in the sink. While I was gone, he heated water on the stove and washed the dishes. I can't tell you how happy that made me when I walked in just in time to make supper tonight.

No comments: