Saturday, March 10, 2018

Celebration Week

Birthday week was successful! Josiah got to spend a day playing with Caleb, Gideon and Ezra. Aliza got to spend an afternoon with me. She and I continued the tradition of eating lunch at Panera and browsing Barnes and Noble. This year I also introduced her to Hobby Lobby--she LOVED that store! Aliza picked out a frame for a gift Jeremy and I gave her and a picture for her wall from Grandma and Grandpa. And then we had dessert at South Pole.

I also continued the tradition of a birthday get together with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. This is a "thing" for Josiah and Aliza. Anna doesn't have that expectation as her birthday is very close to Thanksgiving. And Isaiah, I had a first birthday party for him and I don't think I did another one. However, he is already looking forward to his birthday (in October) so I think I'll need to do something for him. Anyway, our families are really awesome to show up for the kids and bring them gifts. I know it makes them feel really special and as long as they want to choose family I'll open my home and serve up ice cream and let the kids play.

The big surprise for Aliza was that a keyboard from my parents house was moved to our house. She has been wanting to learn to play and write music and now she will have more opportunities to do that. I just need to make teaching her some theory a priority!

Grandma and Grandpa stayed in Ocean City for the week so on Monday we went to visit them. Aliza decided that she really needed Fisher's popcorn. It was cold on the Boardwalk, but it was sunny!

My silly children couldn't stay off the sand. Several of them had shoes and socks off.

When we got down to the water though it was downright cold. We didn't stay on the beach very long before we were glad to get back to the car. The children loved being in the condo and exploring. They were not ready to go home and were happy that we were coming back.
Wednesday we were back in Ocean City--this time for an early birthday supper for Jeremy...
...and some swimming. There were constant squeals and happiness in the pool. Aliza could do backstroke the entire length of the pool which was pretty exciting. Isaiah had no fear. Anna jumped in the pool (without going under) over and over and over. Josiah perfected a handstand in the water. And once again no one wanted to come home!
Friday was Jeremy's birthday and his parents came for breakfast on their way home from OC. (Aliza wears that mermaid tail all the time.) I combined my efforts with our parents to surprise Jeremy and I think we pulled it off.
A 43" screen! It's a TV, but it's a computer screen in our house. It does make the shows we do watch much more enjoyable.

I think I successfully made 3 special people feel loved and special. That's always my motivation and goal, anyway.

No comments: