Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Mall

(Aliza has granted me permission to write this post.)

Wow! It had been a long time since I had been to the mall! Aliza has been begging to go to the mall for several weeks and, finally, I took her. She had some things that she wanted to buy, but mostly, I think she was just ready to experience the mall. 12 years old does something to a girl! The last time I took Aliza to the mall was several years ago and at that point she couldn't wait to leave because she couldn't stand the music playing. (I completely tune the music out.) Today she knew songs and had no problem with the music. We walked around the whole mall and found the things she was looking for (bath bombs, a flower crown headpiece and a necklace). Aliza's favorite stores were Justice, Bath and Body Works and Hallmark. Claire's was ok, but it was too girly girl for her (her words). It was a very enjoyable shopping experience.
 Here's what I know about my 12 year old so far. Her love tank runs low very quickly and it is filled up with time, talking and snuggles. And all of those things she needs from her Mom. This means that it is very important that her Mom keeps her own love tank running close to full so that she has something to give to her amazing 12 year old.

No comments: