Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mother-Daughter Date

by Aliza
On May 11th, Mommy and I went to a Secret Keeper Girls Mother Daughter Event. The event was 3 hours away, but I didn't care because that meant 3 hours of chatting with Mom.
Well that's what I thought the day before. Me and mommy were ready to leave, we were just waiting for Daddy. He had to watch the kids. We wanted to leave at 2:00, but he arrived at 2:40. We jumped into Daddy's car. We were tense the whole ride there. We picked up a tuna wrap on the way there and skipped supper. We got there 10 minutes late. The show was created for 7 to 12 year olds so I was one of the oldest there.
The message was that God created you a masterpiece. There was a lot of singing and dancing, but I didn't mind. There was 4 music directors and one main teacher. I really liked the quiet teaching parts and stories. Actually I liked all of it!!
At the end of the show, there was a meet and greet. I got to meet all the girls and they talked to me. It was a lot of fun to meet them. My favorite was Lexi. She is Dannah Gresh's Daughter. Dannah Gresh is the creator of Secret Keeper Girls.
Me with Stacy and Lexi.
And me with Sara and Melanie.
After the show, me and Mommy were starving! We stopped by Sonic on the way home, but I was so sleepy I could barely eat. I left with some great memories and the message that God made me a masterpiece.

By Mommy
We may have been a little stressed in the car, but that didn't keep us from singing to every song on the radio! My little girl is growing up and is a lot of fun to do things with. We talked a lot, sang a lot, and she slept a lot on the way home.

Aliza and I have been doing 8 Great Mother Daughter Dates by the founder of Secret Keeper Girls, Dannah Gresh. The themes of the 3 dates we have done so far fit in perfectly with the event. It was the perfect time in Aliza's life for us to go to this together. For some girls, 8 might be a great age, but, for Aliza, this was the right time. I was very impressed with the message and the quality of the show.

I think Aliza summed it all up well! I'm so proud of Aliza and the young lady she is. 

No comments: