Monday, July 23, 2018

The Good and The Crazy

At the end of a big week of VBS and a couple of challenges with the van, Janell and I headed to the cove with our kids and some friends. It was a hot afternoon, perfect for being in the water. The kids all had tons of fun.

Isaiah continued to be fearless.

Josiah's friends were looking forward to having some time to play before they went home and when the ferry was closed and we had to drive all the way around the river, I decided to invite their family over for supper so they could play longer. It was a very spontaneous invitation.

We got home and the kids all got cleaned up while I unloaded the car. In the process of walking back and forth to the car, I noticed a drip on the bottom of the oil tank. I thought it was condensation and made another trip. It was a very steady drip for condensation and I had never seen condensation so I investigated further and realized it was oil leaking from the tank.

This was about 5:00. I was gross from being at the beach and I had company coming for supper. I let Jeremy know and he called the company who delivers our oil and I called the company who services our heating/hot water system. While I waited for someone to arrive to patch the leak, I kept buckets under the stream so that we could 1)pour it back into the tank to be used and 2) keep it from leaking onto the ground.
Between buckets I did get supper in the oven. Jeremy got home before the service guy showed up and I got a shower. The guy responded to our call in a decent time. I had collected 6 gallons for oil. The patch was pretty quick and easy.

On Monday I called to get some quotes a new tank--higher than we were expecting or hoping. I made a couple more calls and a guy offered to change our tank as a side job for much less than any of our quotes. That made the decision pretty easy.

So this weekend we got our new tank. I was far too excited when it showed up painted gray.

No comments: