Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Growing Flowers

When I plated those tiny flower seeds, I didn't have very high expectations. In fact, Aliza predicted that I had a genetic brown thumb. With rain and some luck my seeds grew and I have been LOVING my flowerbed. Aliza has conceded that maybe my thumb isn't brown. How about a little picture tour?
This is the whole flowerbed from the front of our house.

Foxglove and Snapdragon. I've learned a bit about foxglove. I'll try them in a different location next year.

The sweet peas are hidden behind the zinnias. The zinnias are blooming and so much fun to watch grow.
I the corner are these pink annuals and I've started 2 clematis. Indigo is in front.

Baby's breath in front. I didn't expect them to do anything, but I've had a couple little flowers. Gladiolas, in the back,  were a late addition in a spot that didn't sprout. Beside the gladiolas are amaranth.
In he front is honeywort. The amaranth and honeywort are experiments. I've never seen them and know very little about what to expect.
Cosmos are growing well and blooming.
One of the little baby's breath.
The first honeywort bloom. I ended up pinching them back so have to wait for more buds.
Giant wine zinnia. Janell picked up these seeds from floret, started them and gave me the plants. I'm so glad she did! They are my favorite. I'll be watching to get more of these.
One of my first little bouquets of the season. I used azalea cuttings to fill in. 
I had no idea I would find so much joy watching flowers grow. I find myself walking around out there a couple times day, just looking, maybe pulling a couple weeds, or watering. I suspect that next year this flowerbed will be extended.










No comments: