Monday, July 16, 2018

My New Spontaneous Life

Now that Isaiah isn't napping, I have this whole new world opened up to me. I don't have to be home at a specific time to put him to bed. Amazing!

On Tuesday I went to pick up my crew from Bible School and my friend said, "Did you know you can get free chicken at Chick Fil A today?" I did not know, but it sounded really good to get some free lunch for 6 kids and myself. We double checked the website and the only catch was that you had to show your (cow) spots to get the deal.

Of course I had no prepared cow costumes for us so my friend suggested we stop by her office and let the children cut "spots" out of black and white sticker paper. It was perfect! We totally took over her office, spread out all over the floor with paper and scissors and in a short time we were cows.

I decided to go to the Chick Fil A in the mall thinking there would be plenty of space for a long line. Turns out there was no line. We got 4 free kids meals and 3 free entrees. I only paid for 3 fries and 3 drinks.

Since they had already had a big morning at Bible School, we brought the meals home. My kids think it is very fun to eat in the living room and watch a movie so that's what they did.

It was fun! The kids were great! And I felt like I really accomplished doing such an outing with 6 children on my own.

(Lydia is the cow jumping over the moon in the picture. She was also the child who went right up to the cashier and said mooooo.)

No comments: