Saturday, December 29, 2018

Christmas Recap 2

This year I had every ready for Christmas morning before Christmas Eve so I was very relaxed going into the day. My children are early risers and Jeremy prefers to be an even later riser so I had time to mix up dough for cinnamon squares before the excitement of opening presents went off the charts. I was very unsure of how this dough was going to do. I was very sticky and didn't rise as much as I thought it should. When I rolled it out, though, it looked pretty good and it tasted even better.

Josiah gave Aliza a card that said, "Huggie Party!" It was exactly what she asked for and she loved her hugs. Josiah told her it has unlimited use and doesn't expire. So sweet.
Uncle Joel confirmed from past photos that Anna has made this face since she was 2. I really should find one from every year and line them up. Anna was the one who received the present that she didn't think we would buy and she cried.
I got a puzzle from Floret Flower farms and I guess I was in the mood for a puzzle. We put it together in one evening. Aliza and Anna stuck with it for quite a while. My Dad and Grandad came for supper and Dad put some pieces in too.
I was exhausted by the end of the day! Maybe it was because I was starting to get a cold. That night I was thinking that I'm glad I have a whole year to forget how exhausting Christmas is so that I'm ready to do it again! So many emotions, excitement, traditions and food preparation!

No comments: