Saturday, December 22, 2018

This Day

I'd like this break in "real life" to last for another 3 weeks! It has just been so lovely for all of us to do things that we enjoy doing. Today, for example. 

Anna was really loud this morning so Jeremy decided not to sleep in (that does not count for the "things we enjoy doing") and went to Caleb's soccer game with the kids and me. Everything is just better when Daddy comes along. 

When we got home, I finished wrapping gifts.
And then I read (a few chapter of) the new Julie Klassen book that I've been looking forward to. I also took a nap because that is always part of the perfect day!

Then I heard FedEx drive in and knew it was what Jeremy has been waiting for. A new gaming monitor! He's a happy man!
 So he played for a little while and I scrapbooked!
 Meanwhile, Isaiah and Anna were making space ships out of boxes.

 Anna was super proud of her ramp door. She spent some time watching youtube videos laying in her space ship.
It was soup for supper and Aliza and I watched the Holiday Baking Championship---with just the Christmas tree lights on. Baking shows are our favorite on winter evenings.

(As I'm writing Josiah is getting his chance to try out the big screen for gaming. It might not be how I imagined it, but playing on this screen is going to be a big FUN memory for him. Kinda liked shooting that big buck and catching that huge fish. It makes him feel all grown up like his Daddy.)

No comments: