Sunday, December 16, 2018

Highlights

How is time moving so quickly? I'm trying to enjoy the season, but what I really want is for everything to stop so I can sit on the couch and just savor some time.

The girls had their winter choir concert. They both did a great job. Anna was super confident standing next to one of her friends. Aliza's smile lit up the whole stage.
This picture was posted on facebook by the choir director and I asked Aliza about it. Before the concert both choirs stood in a circle, holding hands. They went around the circle and each offered a one word prayer for the evening. I asked Aliza what her prayer was. She said, "Enjoy. Because she just wanted to enjoy the concert and evening." I loved that!
One of the ladies in my Bible study group designed and prepared this Advent Tree for us to assemble together. The planning and work that she did so that we could all have something special to use each year really touched me. I love how it turned out. Isaiah is especially excited about it because 1) he can practice counting and 2) the Scripture for day 1 is from the book of Isaiah so his name is on the card.
I saw in a magazine the idea of making a hot chocolate bar and I thought it was just the greatest idea. I kept going back and forth over whether I was up for having friends over (refer to that idea of wanting to sit on the couch and savor time). I floated the idea to a friend and she thought it was a great idea so we picked a time and they came over last night. It was fun! I had hot chocolate, whipped cream, peanut butter chips, candy canes, caramel sprinkles, chocolate syrup and marshmallows. Then everyone could add whatever of those toppings they wanted to their hot chocolate. So easy and festive!
Our extra activities are winding down--only one dance class left. Just a few more days of school. We will all enjoy the break!

No comments: