Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Little Stories

Isaiah has said couple things this recently that I have to remember:

Sometimes Isaiah sits with Aliza while she does school. She is very patient with all of his interruptions. She was doing math and there was the letter E on the screen. Aliza said, "Hey Buddy, do you know what letter this is?" Isaiah said, "Ummm Inventory?" Aliza knew right away that he was in fact recognizing the letter E, but in a totally different context. He uses the E key on the computer keyboard to access his inventory in Minecraft.

---------

I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Isaiah came running out of the bathroom saying, "Mom, Mom! I have cavities! Lots of cavities!" He was the least bit distressed, but wanted me to come see his teeth. He had cookie remnants stuck in his teeth. I assured him he could brush those cavities away with a toothbrush. Even at bedtime he was still checking for cavities.

----------

I'm not quite sure where the kids picked up this song, but it's catchy and they go around singing parts of it. The first couple lines are "Once I was seven years old my momma told me Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely"
Last night a couple of the children got some frozen strawberries out of the freezer for a snack. There was drama and Isaiah wanted some and asked me to go him some. I told him that he could go downstairs and get himself some strawberries. He didn't fuss, but as he walked down the steps he was singing..."Once I was 7 years old my mama told me Go downstairs and get your own strawberries." He said every word clearly and the rhythm worked. I was laughing.  


No comments: