Monday, April 29, 2019

Nature Walk with My Littles

We actually went to Jeremy's parents for Easter. Karen had to work Friday night so she needed to sleep on Saturday which meant that a couple loud children needed something to do! I took Anna and Isaiah to a nearby nature preservation. As with so many things in the Martinsburg, WV area, I can't believe we haven't been there! It is so close to the Van and Karen's house and the trail is really nice.

Anna and Isaiah were super enthusiastic and thought it was great fun to do something with me without the big kids.
It was a most beautiful day! The leaves were just starting to come out, the sky was brilliant blue and the sun was shining.

We watched a centipede.
And they requested pictures of the landscape at various locations.
That's the Potomac River beyond the trees.

Anna thought this umbrella plant was pretty neat and took a picture.
The quarter of the trail they got tired and thought we must surely be lost and would never find our car again.
Isaiah wanted a picture of the rock he found.
Amazingly, we did make it to the end of the trail!
And at the very, very end I almost stepped on this camouflaged snake. (It's running right through the shadow of the tree in the picture.)
I was a really fun Mom that day and picked up Aliza and Josiah and took all of them to McDonald's and even said yes to milkshakes. When we got home Karen was awake and ready for us!



1 comment:

Joel said...

Awesome! I ran there all the time in high school/college and enjoyed the trails.
One of my favorites. I have taken college students there.
See any paw paw fruits? They grow on small trees along the trail and taste like a mix of banana and mango! Didn't realize you all went there, how fun!