Sunday, April 21, 2019

Secret Keeper Girl with Anna

Last year I took Aliza to this show 3 hours away so when I found out it was coming to a town only an hour away, I decided to take Anna.
Anna counted down for 3 weeks for this day. She had her bag of things to do in the car, a pillow and blanket packed for at least 3 days. She was so excited to do this special thing with Mom that she really didn't know anything about.
Janell also took Renee and a friend of Janell's came from PA with her girls and nieces. We all met for supper. The church was packed! Janell and I wanted to sit with our girls, but Anna really  really wanted to sit by Renee and she was having trouble seeing so we ended up with this arrangement.

I was pretty sure Anna was going to need a flower crown with blinking lights. They were comfortable enough during the second half to go out in the aisle and dance.
Being on the younger side, Anna didn't fully understand all that was being taught, but she did get some things out of it. Her favorite was the Mom/Daughter fashion show and the tips on dressing modestly. Afterwards we waited for the actresses. Anna got pictures with all of them.
And then Janell and I lost all of our good sense and I let Anna go home with Janell and Renee for the night since we were going to see them again in about 14 hours. Anna got her things out of the our car and barely gave me a hug good bye. I thought she would be so tired she would fall asleep right away. Boy was I wrong! She kept Janell up until 2am because she wanted to go home and whatever else she could think of to keep herself awake. I felt horrible when I heard that! Bad parenting call! We won't try that again anytime soon!

No comments: