Friday, June 21, 2019

Convention

I had my first opportunity to work at a homeschool convention in the BJU Press booth. I arrived in Richmond late Wednesday evening and at 7am Thursday morning all the consultants meet at the booth to start set up. Everything we needed was in these 2 wooden crates.
I had watched all the set up training videos and read the manual. I worked with another gal to run all the electric and set up the distance learning end of the booth.
 
On each side of the booth (pictured below) there were 2 ordering stations.
 The book displays were in a circle in the middle of the booth.

 We had 7 consultants working. There were also 2 people from Homeworks By Precept which is the marketing company that the consultants work for. It was fun to meet a couple people that I have only known through facebook and email.
 At these big conventions BJU sends a distance learning teacher to meet students and talk to parents. Anna was super jealous that I got to work with one of her teachers, Dr. Jarrell. I always learn new things by talking to the teachers and listening to them answer questions.
 While I was away the children had days with Grandma and Laura and evenings and Saturday with Daddy. They went to a Shorebirds game one evening and had so much fun.
 The Shorebirds won the game and there were fireworks after the game.
 It was Faith and Family night so Christian music was playing during the fireworks. Aliza loved that.
 Also while I was away, Isaiah decided he could not wait to start kindergarten. He started asking when his book would come. Aliza showed him the catalog where he could see pictures of his teachers. He looked at that catalog over and over after I came home. Then we showed him samples of his lessons and he LOVED that. He watched those lessons over and over too.
All I can think is "How can he be so big and so little all at the same time!?"

No comments: