Friday, August 9, 2019

Ohio Trip--1

Last year on our trip to Ohio, Janell and I picked up brochures about an island in Lake Erie called Put-In-Bay. It wasn't that far off the turnpike and so we decided that it would be our travel day adventure this year. It turned out to be quite the adventure! 

A 20 minute ferry ride took us from Port Clinton to Put-In-Bay.
 Janell and I made a game plan on the ferry. I thought I was pretty calm considering we did not have a solid plan, just some ideas. My children, on the other hand, thought I needed to chill (as they told me).

 The decision point was that we needed some mode of transportation. We decided to rent golf carts. It really was a great decision.
 We rode to the downtown boardwalk area on the north end of the island where we ate lunch. Put-In-Bay has very expensive food! I only bought 3 chicken meals for us to share and slushie drinks for the children and it was our most expensive meal the whole trip. But this day was all about the experience.
 After lunch we rode our golf carts to the south end of the island where there was a state park with a swimming area.
 It was a beautiful day!
 Not much can beat a pebble beach for me.


The children had so much fun swimming. Isaiah had his goggles on looking for the biggest stones. He picked them up and made a pile.
On the ferry ride back to Port Clinton we had the front seats on the upper deck of the boat. Mom and I had our feet up on the rail and soaked up the sun and relaxed for a few minutes.
Then it was back on the road for our last 90 miles to Grandma's house. We were all so happy to see Grandma! That evening we had dinner with my aunts and uncles and a cousin. I enjoyed seeing everyone. I ended up on the "men end" of the table after the meal and listened to my uncles talk farming. I took note of the moment and then soon moved to the "ladies end." This is an instance where the difference in Janell and my personality makes us a good team. She was happy to take the children to the park to play when they could not sit still a minute longer. I was happy to stay and keep talking without the children acting like hoodlums in the background. It was only 3 children acting like hoodlums. Aliza stayed with me. =)

No comments: