Friday, January 10, 2020

My Adventure to Pennsylvania

Last October, Grandma and I went to Pennsylvania to visit my great aunt and uncle, Dan and Laurie. This trip was especially significant because this was my first adventure without my parents. After the six hour drive, we meet Laurie outside of her work place and went to walk around downtown Williamsport. Williamsport is known for hosting the Little League World Series. After our little tour, we all went home to a very spontaneous supper.

I don't quite remember how it came up, but some how or another, Laurie started pulling out fancy plates and silverware declaring that we had to have an elegant dinner. We all sat down to a table decked out in Great Grandma Rhoda's china, complete with fancy cups and salt spoons. Poor Dan probably didn't know what to think.
After our simply divine evening, Grandma, Laurie, and I came up with an idea to make cookies in a mug. Laurie found a five minute recipe and we topped off our dessert with vanilla ice cream. The cookie was so rich! I couldn't even eat all mine which is a pity, because that cookie tasted so good!

I enjoyed going without my siblings because I could have my own room. Every spare second I could get away, I was reading my Julie Klassen book.

The next day, all of us, except Dan, decided to visit the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. When we got there, the canyon was filled with fog, but that didn't dampen my spirits because was spending time with Grandma and Laurie. We took two trails. One trail was short, the other one was long. The trails had several lookouts. The first lookout we got to was a direct sighting of the valley, which was filled with fog.But, as we looked down into the canyon, I started to see the fog lift into the sky. We could see the canyon clearly now and it looked amazing. After the shorter trail, we went on a longer trail.





We pasted a few small waterfalls. The nature sounds were so peaceful. After a certain point Grandma sat on a bench while me and Laurie completed the trail. We counted one hundred and ninety man made steps on that last leg.





I spent the rest of the afternoon doing the schoolwork I had brought along to do. That evening was game night. We played a few card games including Dutch Blitz, which is a lot more fun when your playing against grown ups. The next day, Grandma and I were ready to go home. I was very excited to see my family.

No comments: