Thursday, April 16, 2020

A Quarantined Easter

This was a different Easter Sunday, but the meaning of the day did not change. Jesus' sacrifice for all of my sins and his resurrection was the center of our focus.

We did the traditional spring celebration things too. Coloring eggs...




...a family picture...
...and an egg hunt. It was simple and quiet with only 4 children--usually there are 10 cousins.



Since this was already an unusual year, Jeremy and I decided to give each of the children a Bible. Aliza has wanted the Life Application Study Bible and Josiah expressed interest in a red letter Bible (the words Jesus spoke are written in red). For Anna, I chose a Bible that has some verses illustrated and has journaling lines in the margin. And Isaiah got a Bible story book.

I made a ham dinner and we had church using Zoom. By the end of the day I did miss my larger family. On the other hand, though, it was good to know that we could have a happy holiday just the 6 of us.

No comments: