Saturday, April 11, 2020

Social Distancing Week 4

This week was filled with every kind of high and low. On Monday the week looked endlessly long and on by Friday morning I was surprised that it was Friday already.

 Janell and I exchanged seeds by mail. I have 2 trays of seeds started and am looking forward to getting the little plants in the ground soon.
 I started another big project on Tuesday. This area needed to be cleared out. I began on Tuesday and it started raining just before I could finish.
 So on Wednesday I finished. With everyone's help, we excavated a huge tarp that was buried.
 It was definitely a team effort. Memories were made.

Josiah has a bad case of poison ivy from helping me last weekend. Josiah was miserable most of the week, but today it seems like he has turned a corner for the better.  Anna and Isaiah now have poison ivy on their faces from helping on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Aliza and I hit the proverbial brick wall on Wednesday. Math did not go well. There were tears from both of us. I thought a drive to the bank would put us back on track. I ran over a muskrat less than a mile from our house and everyone was thoroughly grossed out. We worked really hard outside in the afternoon, then I made cookies and we watched American Idol in the evening. In the end, it wasn't such a bad day.

Jeremy had his first significant business hit as a direct effect of the virus. That night I ate a Dove chocolate bar and this was the chocolate wisdom.

On Thursday we had a huge treat. So huge, in fact, that we waited on the porch for them to arrive. Mom and Janell brought us a couple blessing baskets that needed to be delivered up here so we got to see them! Aliza got hugs and a bit of conversation which made her very happy. It was really good to see both Mom and Janell in person. We all enjoyed the delivery drive and surprising people with a gift on their porch. As an extra bonus we also got to see my Dad to pick up something from him.

Aliza talked to Meghan on the phone which made her very happy. AND Aliza finished Earth Science on Friday which is a school boost that she really needed.

I organized the desk area of my room and have plans for further room cleanup (clean out?)

I got to talk on the phone with a couple friends that I don't see very often and had a surprise show up in my inbox.

I keep thinking that I've done everything possible...that there will be a week that absolutely nothing will happen. I guess that isn't possible with 6 people living in a household. Who knows what this next week will hold!

No comments: