Sunday, April 19, 2020

Social Distancing Week 5

This week I quickly learned that I need to have a project going to keep me motivated. I'll always do what has to be done to keep the household going, but I was feeling very blah on the inside the beginning of this week.

One day school looked like forts for Isaiah and Anna and the corner of the couch for Josiah.
We are on the 4 week countdown to finishing school!

I'm sitting on the porch to write this. The power cord is draped through the window. The dogwoods are in full bloom and the azaleas are blooming too.

We learned that living in isolation is just not how we are made to live and so we broke the rules using common sense. Mom visited one afternoon. We sat at the table, had hot tea and a snack. The children had SO much to tell her and show her. The girls even put on their dance costumes. It was an equally heart wrenching and beautiful time together. Another afternoon my sister and nephew came over to play outside. Sean had so much fun, he didn't want to leave.

This week's projects were emptying and organizing my personal email inbox and my BJU email inbox. And then yesterday I tackled the biggest organizing project in the house. There is a storage space off of our bedroom that I call The Pit. It was to the point that you couldn't really walk into the space. It took 5 hours and some help from Jeremy, but it is now a lovely space that stores what we need and those things can be accessed by the walkway. Amazing! Miracles can happen!

And now we still start another week in which I will most likely continue to use the words weird, crazy and unsustainable in most every conversation I have!

No comments: