Sunday, May 24, 2020

Normal Doesn't Feel Normal

With a couple exceptions, our life pretty well went back to "normal" this week. We met in person for Bible Study--keeping distance and being very aware of our space and having conversations about how to live life while being wise and safe. 

I brought some sourdough starter home with me last weekend. I had zero confidence that I could actually make it work.
 I fed my starter pet and it grew...
...and it produced an edible loaf of bread! Later in week, I also made sourdough pancakes. I'm not sure what will be next, but I have a bit of starter saved in the refrigerator.
 The next thing to navigate was a family gathering--not my whole family, but 3 sisters, a brother in law, Mom and 8 cousins. And my brother stopped by. One of my sisters was visiting from out of town and, of course, you see family. It was a *chilly, windy* porch visit. I tried to arrange the chairs with some space and we ended up with a nice visit together.
 Aliza had youth group. They all wore masks, spaced the chairs out and played games that did not involve any sharing of cards, dice etc. It was SO good for her.

Jeremy ended up mostly doing this project for me: He spray painted this table on the porch. 
 I had some leftover spray paint from another project so did not labor over a color decision. I plopped the handful of silk flowers that I've collected into a vase and I love it! The porch has become my favorite spot. I can't believe I rejected that porch as unusable for so many years! I'm sure there is a life lesson in that!

No comments: