Saturday, December 12, 2020

20 Years

I’ve been a little nostalgic today. Twenty years ago, tonight, Jeremy asked me to marry him. I said yes and I still say yes every day. 

While I was out with a friend, Jeremy, with the help of my brother, blew up balloons and put “I love you because...” notes in most of them. The balloons covered the floor of my room and I had to pop them to get the notes. Probably because of Jeremy’s constant flow of notes and poems and flowers, I did not catch on to this leading up to a proposal until very close to the end. 

He had one balloon tucked under the bed for last. The note in that balloon said “I have a question for you.”  And with that he knelt and proposed. 

Sometimes I miss that young, googly eyed, glowing, kind of love. 20 years later it is a love that is so much a part of me that I can’t imagine it not being there. Even if I try, I can’t imagine life without Jeremy. That is the mystery and beauty of two becoming one. 

No comments: