Thursday, December 17, 2020

Second Chance

In January we bought a new sofa set. Our first new furniture purchase. I can’t remember if it was late summer or early fall, one of the children informed me that there was a hole in the top of one of the sofa cushions. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VJWOZV6RlSWQLrLiqGXqcVfFS1ObS0e7
I was very disappointed. There may have been a few tears. It happened when a child was mindlessly poking the cushion with a child safety scissors. 

I didn’t know how to patch it so, for months, I kept a blanket so that cushion in hopes of keeping the hole from getting bigger. 

In November I finally showed the hole to Janell to ask her how she would patch it. The salesman who sold us the couch is a friend of hers so Janell sent him a picture to see what he would suggest. From him I found out that we had a 1 year warranty. I just needed to call. 

I called customer service and after a couple transfers and holds, a new cushion cover was on its way. When it arrived I excitedly opened the package only to discover they had a sent me a red leather cover which does not even remotely match our sofa. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ABabaGUGYVvOB4b2V_HhWfFhIgiruoHN
After several failed attempts with customer service, I almost gave up. I decided to try one more time and that time I got to the right person and armed with a little more information I was able to make sure the correct cushion cover would be sent. 

A week or so later the correct cushion cover arrived! I/we have been given a second chance at taking care of a new piece of furniture! 


No comments: