Thursday, December 31, 2020

Christmas

I can't believe it has been a week already since Christmas. A lot has happened since then! Underneath the happiness and excitement of Christmas was planning for travel to my grandmother's funeral. As soon as the hype from each celebration ended, I could feel my underlying sadness creep up to the surface again. It has made for an especially exhausting holiday season. 

On Christmas Eve we were with my family. These 10 cousins have so much fun playing together. This time they played upstairs where they set up some kind of "war" game. They all came down sweaty and pink cheeked. Most memorable moment was when Brian and Dad gave each other the same gift--a Yeti bucket.

Christmas morning was pretty relaxed at our house. Anna insisted on giving her gifts first. She could hardly contain her excitement.

Isaiah named the dog Mr. Cuddles.
The foam sword immediately went down the back of his shirt--for easy access, I guess.

Aliza made me a handmade gift that she dreamed up. It is a wooden sign where she wrote Home is Where the Heslop's Are. She wants to add something else to it so I'll save the picture for when it is finished. I found the perfect spot for it right away. 

And then on the 26th we went to celebrate Christmas with Jeremy's family. Grandma Karen gave the kids each a pair of blue light glasses (they help reduce eye strain from screens). Anna's look similar to Grandma's so here they are twinning.

Aliza has saved to buy a Nintendo Switch Lite. Her plan was to buy it with her Dad and Uncle Joel right after Heslop Christmas. That's what they did! She came home one happy girl! She wanted to be able to play Animal Crossing which she bought on Black Friday and literally gifted to herself on Christmas. There was a gift under the tree on Christmas morning that she had wrapped and tagged "To Aliza From Aliza". 😂

It never ceases to make my heart melt when I find these two boys snuggled up together.

There were a lot of Nerf Guns involved in the boys' Christmas so the next day a Nerf war took place. It was quite memorable and, I'm pretty sure, will go down in the history books of the Heslop family.


So much fun, food, laughter and memories wrapped up in three days.



 

No comments: