Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! A day late. The day after Thanksgiving always marks a day that will always be in my memory and makes me feel even more thankful than eating turkey on Thanksgiving day does. Today is 3 years since I was treated for thyroid cancer. I am thankful to be healthy, have a beautiful daughter and a voice to sing songs with Aliza.

I remember when my vocal cords were paralyzed and I didn't know if I would ever speak above a whisper again just crying because I wanted to be able to sing to my children. Aliza absolutely loves music and singing songs and frequently as I sing with her I get choked up just because I feel so thankful that I can sing to her.

And since we are talking about thyroid issues.... This pregnancy has been hard on the thyroid levels. My levels dropped early in my pregnancy and I think they are low again. Most nights I am awake 2-3 hours during the night and I've had a couple times when I felt like I was going to pass out. Both could be attributed to thyroid. I go to the Dr. on Friday.

No comments: