Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Surprisingly Good Day



Josiah is not a great sleeper, but he is a decent sleeper. Last night was especially interesting. At 2am he was having a happy little conversation with himself. This lasted until 2:40am when Jeremy went in and stuck the pacifier in his mouth. One time when we definitely used it to shut him up! This happy talking happened again at 5:30am and then at 6:30am. By 6:30am God and I had a conversation. My part was "God, I don't know if this counted as a night. Please help me to not take it out on the children today." Just before 7am there were 4 successive gunshots in seemingly close proximity to our house. It is hunting season and I sure hope they got the deer. Exactly two minutes later Aliza was up for the day.

Given my heartfelt prayer, I made extra effort to be an extra good Mom which usually pays off with happy children and good behavior. Today was no exception. Aliza and Josiah played really well and Aliza didn't have as many "hurting Josiah" incidents. You would think that would make me want to take extra effort every day, but I get lazy and complacent too. We spent lots of time on the floor playing together and even though it was a bit breezy and cool we took a walk to get some fresh air.

Tonight I did a little happy dance inside when they were both tucked in. I feel like I really worked today. I sure am hoping Josiah is not just a happy boy tonight, but also a sound sleeper!

3 comments:

Me said...

my heart is singing and doing a happy dance with you!!! way to go!!!
--B

kater's mom said...

that definately didnt count as a nights sleep! is it getting better....

carla said...

the night's are not that great around here. Aliza got up 2 times that I remember last night and I got up with Josiah once and Jeremy got up once. All I do is give them a pacifier and they go back to sleep. It is reminiscent of using the bathroom during the night during pregnancy....very annoying and disruptive to sleep!