Monday, October 6, 2008

Little Moments


After being up all night with a stuffy nosed baby, seeing these two fawns grazing in our yard was a welcome moment of tranquility. I had to just stop and enjoy it. They walked all around our yard and eventually wandered back into the woods.


Josiah is discovering all the nooks and crannies in our house. I never know where I'll find him. His cold is getting better. He took a long nap this afternoon. I think he's catching up on some missed sleep.


Aliza hit the jackpot at our neighbor's house today. We stopped in for a visit and they had these dishes and food in a bag for her. Their granddaughter was done with them. She wanted to cook with water. I told her she could only have water outside. So she packed up the dishes and moved to the deck. Lots of fun! I "sampled" several soups this evening.


And Aliza got her hair trimmed this evening. Debbie hardly cut any length off, but now the ends are even. I wasn't sure it was going happen. The second they pulled in Aliza became whiny, clingy, and shy. She is never like that so I have no clue what got into her. The only way her hair was going to be cut was if I held her, Dora was playing and she could hold the Wii Mario Cart case. But, mission accomplished! When Shane and Debbie were getting ready to leave, Aliza decided to be social. She played with Gavin and gave them hugs good-bye. Whatever.....

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Aw I can't wait to see her haircut!

kater's mom said...

first haircut?! how exciting. your kids are too adorable