Friday, December 23, 2011

A New Scrapper

 I was waiting for just the right time to let Aliza do her first scrapbook layout. The opportunity came yesterday. Josiah had an outing to the John Deere store with Grandad and Anna was sleeping. Aliza had pictures of her with The Nutcracker cast waiting on my desk for a long time. I bought a scrapbook for her that both her and I can put layouts in.

Aliza was beyond excited. She laid out the pictures. I helped her adhere them. Then she dictated the journaling for me to write. She stuck with every step and did a great job. Then came the stickers. She saw where I keep my stash of stickers and was absolutely enthralled.

The fun began. I gave her free reign of her project and she worked for just about an hour and a half. She created imaginary stories (that she told out loud) about the characters on her layout. There are stickers all over the pictures. She got out camping stickers because they went camping and pizza stickers because they ate pizza etc. etc. Then she got out pens and drew on the pictures. And then she got out more stickers. Obviously she won't be able to do too many layouts because I won't be able to support her habit! =)
I told her that her layout looked amazing. She beamed with pride.

My sister asked me if it is gratifying that my daughter shows interest in my hobby. I hadn't really thought about it. It does feel good that she wants to do something that I enjoy. Maybe that she wants to be like me. It would be fun if scrapbooking is something we can do together. Who knows. Right now it is just work to keep her on the paper and satisfied with the stickers available to her! 

No comments: