Saturday, December 17, 2011

Graduating Sisters

I had the privilege of attending Linda's college graduation today. She received a Bachelor's degree in Theater. It was the usual long and boring ceremony, but it didn't take much for me to get caught up in the excitement of a celebration. Linda had a super busy semester. She was the stage manager for the fall production. She had rehearsal 7 nights a week for many weeks. She also became engaged during the semester. I know she is ready for some rest and relaxation and she deserves it!


I must say her dress was gorgeous.

And Phil graduates tomorrow.


Sisters. =)
 Janell also graduated today with a Master's degree in Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution. Janell and Jeff made an agreement not to walk for their Master's degree and she wasn't completely sure was going to graduate this semester. So she attended Linda's graduation that was also her own! I got to sit with her and Lydia.

I really have no idea how Janell completed this program except that she is an exceptionally talented writer and has a unique giftedness in conflict resolution. Just after she started the program she found out she was expecting Renee. Then just before this semester started she had Lydia and throughout the semester she had the stress of Lydia's health concerns. I think Janell enjoyed just relaxing during the ceremony while cuddling her healthy baby!

Janell's name was in the program!

This is just about the moment when Janell would have walked. I made pretzel treats for her to enjoy during her graduation.

Dad surprised her with flowers.


 This is a professor who has always thought a lot of Janell. He was walking out in the recessional and I called his name and pointed to Janell. He cut out of line and came up to congratulate Janell.

Janell holds the first Master's degree in the Sheats family.

I'm sure proud of Linda and Janell today! We had a fun celebration together this evening.

No comments: