Saturday, December 24, 2011

Starting Christmas Week


 My heart is already full with so many memories and treasured moments. We celebrated Christmas with my family yesterday. Josiah got to take a trip to the John Deere store with Grandad to pick out his Christmas present the day before. Thankfully it worked out that he got to pick 2 tractors. He could bring one home and there was still one for Grandma to wrap up.

When we got to Grandma and Grandad's house Josiah could hardly wait to open his tractors. We sang a few songs while we waited for everyone to gather. Josiah requested Jesus Loves Me. He sang every single word at the top of his lungs.
 As has been the Sheats tradition for the last 6 years, there was a new baby for Christmas! Lydia sat up in her new Bumbo chair and she discovered her feet while the adults exchanged gifts.
 Aliza and Josiah gave gifts for the first time this year. What a special memory to watch them give gifts to their grandparents.

 I hosted the traditional Christmas Eve dinner tonight. Most of the family was out of town. Jeff and Janell and the girls got to stop in on their way to Jeff's family. We missed everyone who wasn't there, but we had a super special time together. Laura and Aliza did a craft. Josiah and Grandad played with tractors on the floor...and on the table when Grandad was ready for coffee. Anna was just happy.


 Jeremy had shown me a Christmas carol flash mob video right before everyone came and we decided to share it after dinner. The video gives me chills and it set the mood to rewatch the Hallelujah Chorus flash mob video and some other videos. Which then led to singing Christmas carols...which led to singing Rooftops (while Aliza sat on my lap and sang every word with me)...which led to more videos and singing. It was just lovely. I didn't want it to end.

It is hard to put into words special family times. I hope these inadequate words help me remember the happiness, contentment and love that I feel tonight.

Now it is time to put some presents under the tree! My heart may burst yet!

No comments: