Sunday, September 21, 2014

Baby Lunch

My dear and long-time friend, Maria, planned my baby lunch this time. Bless her heart. She started our time together by noting that this is the 9th Sheats baby and my 4th baby so she had to do some thinking to come up with an idea that hadn't already been used! It was a music celebration theme. Babies are always reason to celebrate and babies make our hearts sing. (The Grandmothers heartily agreed!)


Zephaniah 3:17 says "The Lord your God is with you. He is might to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing." Maria encouraged me to take this verse with me during my surgery and recovery. It's interesting at what points this verse has come up in my life--it was painted on the wall above my bunk in the YES training house in Baltimore, it was sung in our wedding, I've had it memorized for years and now upon the arrival of our 4th child.


Maria made Aliza her helper. This was such a special gift to Aliza. Maria picked her up early so that Aliza could help her set up the cupcakes and favors. Aliza sat beside Aunt Meghan and ordered off the adult menu. She acted very ladylike during lunch. (Except that this is maybe the one picture where she isn't sticking out her tongue. What can I expect? I did the same thing to my Gramma.) I was so proud of her. She has become quite a helper in the last week or so.

No comments: