Sunday, January 18, 2015

Our Family Dinner Book Club--Mr. Popper's Penguins

We've been reading Mr. Popper's Penguins and when today was a raining buckets kind of day I decided we needed to finish the book and have our Family Dinner Book Club. (I'd recommend following Family Dinner Book Club on Facebook if you are interested.)
I went with my own menu and decorations this time. We had Potato Soup and Califlower Bacon Chowder (that tastes surprisingly like Potato Soup), rolls, and mini marshmallow snow on our table. We discussed the provided conversation questions over dinner.
For dessert we had cinnamon rolls and "pop"corn while we watched the Mr. Popper's Penguins movie. The movie resembles the book only in the very loosest sense, but Aliza and Anna enjoyed it. Josiah spent just about the whole movie throwing a fit. I'll just try to forget that part and remember a girl on the edge of her seat who was just about crying at the end and a baby sound asleep on me.

No comments: